Friday, November 4, 2011

Burned Out

November has officially arrived, and I'm ready for senior year to be over.  One problem: I have six months to go.

This is pretty much how I feel:


My semester in a nutshell: I recently told my boss that I was thoroughly exhausted one day.  Her response: "Maybe that's because you're burning the candle from both ends."  I then thought through my obligations for the semester: four classes, two choirs, an a cappella group, tour guide duties once a week, interviewing prospective students twice a week (and travelling with admissions to interview more prospective students), and trying to keep a social life.  Well, boss lady, you just might be right.

My Life Rundown:
Everything is pretty much at a status quo right now.  Classes continue as per usual, work remains the same, for the most part, and student organizations continue to take a fair chunk of my time.  The job hunt drags on with more of the same outcomes.  Believe it or not, there really aren't many job openings for May, June, July, or August yet.  Turns out, people like to fill open positions in a timely manner.  Who knew?

Sports Recap:
The 49ers beat the Cleveland Browns in easy, dominating fashion, by the score of 20-10.  They are now 6-1 and own a four-game lead over the second-place Seattle Seahawks.  Unfortunately, the NFC West is by far the worst division in football.  The 49ers come here to DC this Sunday to take on the Redskins!

The Stanford Cardinal took three overtimes to defeat the USC Trojans (how did that feel, professor?), moving to 8-0 in the process and seeking the school's first Pac-12 Championship since 1999.


And apparently the NBA owners and players still can't figure out how to split how many millions of dollars?  It's painful, really.  And I don't even like the NBA.

Exciting News of the Week:
I got a call this morning from a company I met with at the Communications Industry Expo a few weeks ago asking me if I was interested in applying for the spring internship program!  Depending on the way my schedule falls it's a possibility, but I still appreciated the ego boost!

What to Look Forward to:
Next week, Shir Madness, my a cappella group, will be performing at the Interfaith Dinner on Tuesday at 7 PM in the Marvin Center!  Please come and bring your friends!

Then on Wednesday, GW's Chamber Choir will be performing at St. Stephen's Church at 25th and Penn at 7:30!  The concert is totally free, so just show up and enjoy beautiful French music!

Peace, love, and...time for sleep?

Sam

3 comments:

  1. I am in burnout mode too - I always tell people that after midterms I don't do work until after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK the only important thing in all of this is that you ignored the fact that were USC actually given a legitimate ranking, we would actually have jumped up the rankings because of this. And we are a good team, capable, clearly of beating Stanford. I'm just saying, when it's rivalries all bets are off, and with our benches depleted because of sanctions, we did awesome. So FIGHT ON.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. same. i love being in school...but i hate work. just need a break!

    ReplyDelete